DRESS IN A WAY THAT REPRESENTS YOU AND YOUR BRAND.
· Start by asking yourself key questions about your brand. What are the best three words to describe your brand? What 3 words best describe you? What is your message?
· Your branding colors are important too. You don’t have to “match” your brand colors but you do need to compliment those colors in what you wear. Color should compliment your skin tones, not just your brand.
· Choose solid colors, not white. Bold color can be magnificent but only if it works with your brand. Patterns, checks and stripes should be avoided with very few exceptions!(Like perhaps you are a bagpiper). Jewelry should be kept to a minimum.
· Many of the most successful business leaders have found their style and it shows as a part of their personal branding. One of the most memorable is Steve Jobs, he revolutionized the black mock turtleneck. It will forever be associated with Steve and Apple. Richard Simmons did it with a tank top and short shorts. Martha Stewart made the button down men’s work shirt a part of her brand. Ralph Lauren defiantly has a way with the denim shirt and jeans! Do you have a personal brand? If you do, use it!
· The key is to “put your authentic best foot forward”. If you are glamorous then be glamorous. If your style is casual and sporty then be that. Just be your best self!